Why a Boudoir Session Is For YOU
Updated: Nov 19, 2019
Choosing to book a boudoir session for your significant other can be fun and exciting. I always recommend that they serve as the cherry on top of your boudoir shoot. Keep in mind that boudoir is all about you! You are the sundae, the main reason you are doing the shoot.
1. Tell your story, and be proud of it! Your freckles, scars, stretch marks, laugh lines, are all part of who you are. Instead of shunning them and trying to cover them up, step into them; they are a piece of you. It’s so much more fun to love yourself than hate certain parts of you. Book a boudoir shoot to show off those gorgeous and special parts of you! Remember, you wouldn't have your kids if you didn’t have those stretch marks, those laugh lines mean you have loved life and the people in it. It’s such a beautiful experience to see the evidence of a life well lived.
2. Get in touch with your inner rebel! Society would love for you to believe that unless you’re a size zero, you don’t have a beautiful body. Let me tell you this, every.single.body.is.beautiful. I know size zero girls who worry they look too thin. So instead of worrying about what the media says and what those around you view as beautiful, get rebellious! Decide that you are going to love your body for the shape and size it is. Give society the finger when it comes to telling you how you should look and choose a boudoir shoot to be that middle finger.
3. Take time for you. This is another area that may require some rebelling. We don’t always feel like we can take the time or spend the money on ourselves. I’m here to tell you, it's not only ok, but that it's vital. Unashamedly decide that you’re going to celebrate and pamper yourself and revel in how delicious it feels. When you are filled up with some “me” time and feeling wonderful, you are now in a better place to be present and loving for your family, friends and all of life. Give yourself permission to be selfish once in a while. You’ll see how it can positively impact all areas of your life.
4. You deserve to feel confident! You know those days when your hair is tamed and curling the way you want or when your makeup seems extra beautiful? There’s an extra confidence you feel on those days that everything is going right. You deserve to feel that confidence daily, even when the humidity is killing your hair! When you have your boudoir session you'll see how gorgeous your whole body is, or that the sexy woman in the photos, that’s you! You will constantly go back to that day, in memory and by looking at your photos, and feel that confidence. The world will see it too, let yourself shine!
5. It’s an experience. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest. If booking a boudoir shoot sounds like a fun adventure, or it scares the heck out of you, then those are times to do it! You will grow and learn something about yourself. When you accomplish something that excites and frightens you at the same time, you realize what an amazing woman you are and how capable you are of doing anything you set your mind to! I’m a firm believer in doing the things that are important to you. Take the trips, laugh daily, make the memories. When I'm 90 looking back on my life, I want to say “damn that was a fun ride”, not “I wish I would have done more things.” How about you?